- Gap Black Short Dress
- Gap Stripe Maxi Dress
- Gap Black Maxi Dress
- Old Navy Floral Maxi Dress (top runs small, recommend size up if between sizes)
- Loft Navy Stripe Dress
- Old Navy Bootleg Denim
- Old Navy White Denim
- Old Navy Army Green Skinny Pant (non maternity here) Maternity Note: they will feel super tight in the legs on first wear, but don’t size up. They stretch out a lot!
- Old Navy Red Skinny Denim (for sure go one size up, they run small!)
- Old Navy Skinny Denim (run a little small, but not quite like the Rock Star denim red ones mentioned above).
- Old Navy Black Ankle Pants (also comes in a black/white Ikat!) – These pants are a must have (so comfy). You will wear them over and over!
Hello Lovely Readers~
Here’s the scoop on my maternity shopping from the last few months. Each month I set aside part of my shopping/beauty budget to purchase a few maternity items. As you can see, I’ve mainly shopped at Gap, Old Navy and Loft. These are the most affordable retailers when shopping with a baby bump! Old Navy/Gap offer free returns, which is great. A few local Old Navy stores have maternity items, but found the stock to be pretty picked over and very random from one store to the next. We don’t have any local Gaps that carry maternity items, which is a huge bummer. Loft Maternity is only online, and sadly they charge for shipping and returns. But, they do have some really cute dresses right now. So I decided to snag a few during a recent 40% off promotion.
As you can see, I haven’t purchased any maternity tops. So far, I’ve just been going through all my current clothes to find tunics and button-ups that still fit. I also mix and match tanks with cardigans. I’m sure once I get into the 3rd trimester I’ll pick up a few tops.
On the pants, I think I’ve purchased everything I need to get me through until October. Well, unless I talk myself into needing/wearing black shorts – but for now these legs are staying under wraps. 🙂 This spring Old Navy has been doing lots of promotions (20% off, super cash, etc.) so I haven’t had to pay full price for any of my pants. The one thing I will say is that I had to hem every pair of pants except the black cropped ones and the army green ones (they have a zipper at the ankle). So, when shopping – don’t discount a great pair of comfy and cute pants that don’t look quite right because of extra length. Altering can really make them look more expensive!
As always, thanks for reading! Please share any of your maternity must-have’s on our Facebook page! We’d love to hear them.