Here at the DoubleTake Girls, it would be an understatement to say we love beauty products. So when we saw this ad for Allure’s 2012 Summer Beauty Box, we set our phone alarms quicker than you can say “charge it”! Allure’s website says this season’s beauty box features the “most products ever” with over “$250 value for $39.99”.
Our kits finally arrived in the mail, and we are excited to start our review!
This fabulous kit includes: (products with * will be included in our first round of reviews)
ALOXXI COLOURCARE Leave-In Conditioner*
BIORE Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser
BURT’S BEES Lip Shimmer*
CERAVE SA Renewing Lotion
CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL Oil Control Foam Wash
CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL Oil Control moisturizer SPF 30
CLEAN & CLEAR MORNING BURST Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser
DR. LEWINN BY KINERASE Instant Dermal Wrinkle Filler
FEKKAI GLOSSING Cream
GILLETTE VENUS & OLAY RAZOR*
NEW! JERGENS NATURAL GLOW & PROTECT Daily Moisturizer with SPF 20
JOHN FRIEDA FRIZZ-EASE Sheer Solution Lightweight Frizz Control Spray*
JOHN FRIEDA FULL REPAIR Style Revival Heat-Activated Styling Spray*
JOHN FRIEDA Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray
MISS Nail Lacquer
NEUTROGENA Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunscreen SPF 70
NEUTROGENA MoistureShine Lip Soother with SPF 20 in Gleam*
ORLY Nail Lacquer in beach cruiser*
OSCAR BLANDI Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray
PANTENE Normal-Thick Anti-Breakage Shampoo
PANTENE Normal-Thick Anti-Breakage Conditioner
PUREOLOGY PERFECT 4 PLATINUM Miracle Filler Treatment
REDKEN POWDER REFRESH 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo
TANTOWEL LOOK GOOD NAKED Self-Tan Towelette
- 1.) ALOXXI COLOURCARE Leave-In Conditioner: this is lightweight detangler that provided extra hydration for our hair. It also says that it keeps hair looking young and vibrant with protection of hair color. I’m not sure my hair looked “younger” but it did feel softer and smelled yum! So, DTG gives this a gold star.
- 2.) BURT’S BEES Lip Shimmer: this lip product features shea butter and antioxidant rich fruit seed oils to help moisturize and nourish. The plum color reminds us a lot of black honey from Clinique. Our take, smells good, and leaves lips soft while wearing color. While it doesn’t beat out Clinique, we would still say it’s a good product.
- 3.) GILLETTE VENUS & OLAY RAZOR (OK, WE ARE IN LOVE WITH THIS!) I didn’t know you could fall in love with your razor, but you can! We’d have to say this produced the softest legs ever from a standard razor. It features 5 blades and Olay moisture bars that condition skin as you shave. Worth every penny….
- 4.) JOHN FRIEDA FRIZZ-EASE Sheer Solution Lightweight Frizz Control Spray: this is a new product that you shake to activate. Apply to damp hair before styling. We liked that it can be used for curly or straight styles.
- 5.) JOHN FRIEDA FULL REPAIR Style Revival Heat-Activated Styling Spray: we found that this spray really did add flexible hold and body while we straightened our hair. We’d recommend trying for those that spend a lot of time using hot hair tools.
- 6.) NEUTROGENA MoistureShine Lip Soother with SPF 20 in Gleam: hydrates, soothes and protects lips with SPF 20. It also has tingly cool mint sensation, and is very shiny. It seemed to make lips look more kissable too! 🙂
- 7.) ORLY Nail Lacquer in beach cruiser (neon pink): perfect.summer.polish. Enough said….
Feel free to post a comment if you have any specific questions about our review today!